It’s understandable to be afraid of the dentist, but our featured local business owner, Dr. Paige Woods, brings a more unique brand of dentistry to San Diego.. helping patients get over dental phobia with natural methods. It’s holistic, biocompatible, gentle dentistry with an eye toward overall health and well-being, not just healthy teeth and gums.
According to Dr. Woods’ way of thinking, the antiquated concept of treating a patient’s dental needs without regard for overall health is quickly fading.
The Three Rules For Anxiety Reducing, Gentle Dentistry
Dr. Woods has three important rules at her practice that she never breaks:
- The patient’s needs come first. That means she listens to what you want before any work is done and pays attention to your needs during treatment. Even if she’s right in the middle of something big, just raise your hand, give her a moment to stop and then express your concerns. Whether it’s a twinge of discomfort, some anxiety or just a need to know how things are progressing, your needs come before anything else.
- The patient is always fully informed. You won’t have to stop Dr. Woods to find out what’s happening because you’ll know in advance. There are no surprises in gentle dentistry. Dr. Woods considers patients a partner in their own care who deserves to know what’s happened, what needs to be done and any alternatives or choices that are available.
- The patient is never in pain. Never. Dr. Woods is an expert at making sure pain is never a problem and that dental phobia is eased with gentle, effective and long-lasting treatments. If you believe you’re starting to feel pain, she can stop the procedure, take action to make sure all is well and give you time to compose yourself before continuing. For Dr. Woods, it’s all about you and your comfort and health.
Encouraging Holistic Living – And Holistic Dentistry
If you’ve never been to a holistic dentist before, the experience with Dr. Woods will be different from what you’re expecting. She treats her patients as whole people, not just mouths. In addition to dealing with issues that impact the jaw, teeth and gums, she advocates for several principles of holistic living. These include:
- Eating unadulterated, minimally processed food including cultured foods, vegetable juices and lean protein of the best quality
- Encouraging good mental health as well as spiritual health by practicing meditation, yoga and other modalities that support mind and body
- Asking questions and holding medical practitioners – including her – to the highest standard and requiring transparency in all health-related procedures
- Using biocompatible materials in all surgeries and procedures, including mercury-free composite instead of mercury amalgam
- Using ozone-infused water instead of medication whenever possible to treat gum pockets and prevent surgery, the need for medication and other issues later.
Dr. Woods has learned through her years of study and practice that creating better bodies through better dentistry is absolutely possible – and always her highest goal. Biocompatibility, holistic practices, gentle dental techniques and a strong desire to do what’s right for the patient come together at Brighton Dental San Diego, where Dr. Woods is the primary dentist.
From replacing old-fashioned silver amalgam fillings with harmless composite materials to explaining the safe alternatives to root canals that are available to you, Dr. Woods is an expert in a new, better kind of dentistry that’s only possible when caring people take the time to learn modern practices and put them into practice for the benefit of today’s dental patients. It all comes together at Brighton Dental with Dr. Paige Woods at the helm.
Dr. Woods’ personal blog: https://paigewoods.com/holistic-dentist/